Saturday 17 September 2016

Holon - The Time is Always Now

 

Let's get straight at this. The debut album by Holon is my favourite of the year so far. So who is Holon? No idea. As far as I can tell its a solo album by Ronny Pedersen. I assume he is Norwegian in origin, as I haven't found too much about him. What drew me to this project was that it's produced by Rhys Marsh, who also sings on a couple of tracks, plays and co-arranges the album. I am a big fan of Rhys Marsh, so I took a punt and went for this album. I am so glad I did. I can see why Rhys was attracted to this as it shares a lot of his sonic sensibilities. Epic 70's prog with psychedelic tones and even a hint of late 60's pop melodic textures with 80's electronica thrown into the mix. It's a heady brew, but its so strong with most tracks over the 7 minute mark, allowing ample room to develop. It just clicked with me from the outset and if you are tapped into Rhys Marsh's ouvre, then this album is a must have. It's essential!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment